Sunday, November 25, 2012

Let's talk turkey.

Ok. This is what my December looks like.

I have three days of classes left at my school, giving a test on Tuesday and Wednesday. Immediately after the Wednesday exam, I leave to start my trek to Ouaga for a crazy period of formations. First, my camp GLOW training complete with breakfast at the director's house. Then, on December 1st, the first wave of volunteers from my group will arrive for our 2-week training on how to implement projects, teach sensibilizations, etc. During this time period, I'm correcting my 175 tests and I have a 3-day IT committee meeting. Also, I'm hoping to win our Ouaga poker showcase at least once. It's my time. Finally after that, I want to see the new group of volunteers swear in and meet my new site-neighbor.

Now, after that I return to my site for one week of school meetings and then it's vacation! No one will be wanting to do any work. Plus, other volunteers may be coming down to visit my site. So I'm pretty much done with this year! Hopefully, I'll be able to help put my association together in time... That's right. Some really motivated people in my community heard I wanted to do sensibilizations and decided to simply petition to create an organization to do the health trainings with the town. Good going guys!

I continue to meet new people each day. Somebody from the Mayor's office is going to start teaching me the local language Jula when I return from my formations. Plans are in the works to create a garden at my school and plant trees all along the border. An English club just started and maaaaybe I'll get involved. Wasn't quite in the loop about that. But! I'm excited.

I need to get ready and join up with the nurses from my local hospital for another day of rounding up random kids in the market and giving them polio vaccines, vitamin A, and measles vaccines. You know how it is. So! I'll write soon,

No comments:

Post a Comment