Thursday, July 26, 2012

Model School

Model school has started! Basically, it's student teaching en Francais. For one hour each day, I teach geometry (again) to the troisieme class which is the equivalent of 9th grade in the US system but more like 11th/12th age-wise. I feel that I should have paid more attention in physics because I will be teaching vecteurs (vectors for you Americans out there) for about two and a half weeks. It's really hard to get excited about vectors but being enthusiastic in the classroom is basically what I have going for me right now. Donc, game on.

I'm actually really satisfied with my progress with French currently. I can teach an hour class without reading from my notes and have the vocabulary and ability to convey my meaning, at least for now. What I need to work on is getting the kids to talk more in the class. Despite my production of French, my comprehension is severely lacking. I find it really really tough to understand what people are saying back to me. Thus, in my real class in a few months, it will be so hard to understand and respond to questions. We'll see.

Today's lesson is on the definition of colinear, vector wise. I should probably be psyching myself up for teaching and not writing a blog post. Hmmm. Maybe. Peut-etre. Je ne sais pas. Meh. Ca va aller, am I right?

(Oh, and training is referred to as Stage here [pronounced stahhje] and there's a prom coming up. But I'm taking a break from committeeing this time after the July 4th blowout. Sooo there's that.)

3 comments:

  1. You never got back to us on a very important issue. What did you end up naming your bike?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave my 12 year old host sister a bunch of options and we settled on Alex. Sasha was a clooooose runner up though, I have to say.

    ReplyDelete