Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sick....

Well, I'm sick for the first time really since I've gotten here. It's... not pleasant. But others have it much worse than me. (Someone told me once, "Never trust a fart.") Anywho, enough toilet talk.

I have had to borrow an internet key every other week or so and thus updates have been scarce. When I move to my new site in the Cascades region, I will have electricity in-house and, thus, my priority is to pay for internet. And for a fridge. And for a blender. But that's it. Everything else I could possibly want is already at my house. I've got a large living room/ kitchen, a rec room, a study, my bedroom, and a shower room. (No running water though.) Also, when I say there's a rec room, I mean that I'm planning on building a ping pong table there. For rec. Comprends-tu?

Guys, (and girls), I am so utterly psyched for my site. I got the sweet hook-up fo' sho'. Although, it actually made me feel somewhat bad. Did the Peace Corps not think I could rough it? Cause I had resigned myself to a lot of struggles which I will NOT have now at site. I have a faucet and a water barrel just outside my house. I have the equivalent of a convenience store next door. There's a one-screen movie theatre in town. It's really impressive. I'm hoping I can really play this hand I've been dealt and do some amazing work.

No comments:

Post a Comment