Monday, July 2, 2012

Site Announcement!

AHHHHHH. We find out our sites tomorrow! There's a ridiculous diversity in site options here, with elephants to the south, desert to the north, and waterfalls out west. Then, it's two months left until I move out to my site and begin teaching Math. (I don't know what grade or anything like that either yet.)

But here's some tidbits on how life is different here in the Faso, just in case you were interested.
1. I take bucket baths under the stars.
2. Lightning here is pink.
3. I've seen a cow head split open and butchered.
4. Rain here is always accompanied by a MASSIVE dust storm immediately before.
5. I ride my bike maybe 4km each day?
6. No English when I'm at home. French and Moore only.
7. I pump water each day with my host sisters.
8. It's HOT.

Oh! And I taught my sisters how to say "Ain't nuthin' but a thang." Let's hear it for Peace Corps goal #2!

No comments:

Post a Comment